Sunday, April 24, 2011

Praises

I have praises to God. He has allowed the novel to get to the ending phase so smoothly and miraculously, it is now for my husband to revision and then out to Lulu, the internet publishing company. We are planning on some trips to cities in the summer, to sell the copies of the books at $10 each or so, and keep some extra copies for internet selling. It is all so exciting, and God has done it all!

Since the beginning, ten years ago,  there were obstacles so big for us to make this book, first of all, David had actually to write it and to finish it!

After that the typing part started, some 8 years ago. There were 60 pages typed when we moved and somehow lost the typed documents. I was bitter and resented the loss, as I have put so many hours of typing instead of caring for the house or the baby.

Three years later when David asked again, I decided to hire a typist. Well, to our misfortune,( though it was all good in God's plan), she typed some, but some got lost again by her, and some was typed without a saved electronic copy, so much for making editing easy!

Finally this year he asked again, and I was overwhelmed. I did not know where to start, the manuscript was very long, some parts were completely wrong and I did not have the strenght to even start a task like that.

I asked God for help and for people to pray for us, and with the Lent season, God started to do his work.

First he told me to take a specific diet, no sugars, no yeast, no cofees, no chocolates, no meat. He also reminded me of the dangers of the TV. Then he started removing obstacles, one by one. The editing software that we needed was finally in place, after many trips to the computer store, the software OCR was found and finally worked, the manuscript was read and organized in my mind, but still the task was overwhelming me, in volume and feelings.

Finally God did two things, he told me to start for the part that was most finished, and then move on to the next, until it was all piled up. He also removed my bias and turned a bunch of stories about a troubled soul into a beautiful rendition of a journey of one who is choosing God and Jesus as the only way.

I thank God with all my heart for allowing this to happen, and even if it would stop right here and never find the streets of man, I am honored to have been able to witness his workings again and having been totally submitted to his will.

Thank you God, to you we owe it all, you are our source and our ending, my sight is holding fast to you by day and night and I beg you to allow me to praise continuously your Glory, during the times that I remember and the times that I forget. Thanks, also, to all that prayed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment